So I got notification that my buddy Paul Conrad nominated me/my blog for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” last week.
I’ve been procrastinating.
Thanks Paul for the thumbs up.
Paul goes on to tell me, with this ‘award’ I have some rules to follow.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 5 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 6 other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
#1 – Check. #2 – see above, go read. Check.#3 – I have to tell you ONLY 5things? 🙂Five Things About Me
1.I don’t consider myself an artist but more of a journalist. At least that’s how I think conceptually when photographing people. Huh? Put it another way, I feel that just because there’s a nude person in a picture, it’s fine art. I’d like to think there has to be a reason why they don’t have clothes on when they’re photographed against say the Empire State building or some other landmark. If by pure luck the picture I make grabs the attention of the viewer, then perhaps I do have some measure of artistry.
2. I used to work for Singapore Airlines in the early ’80s, first as a pilot trainee and later as a cabin attendant. As I worked my way towards the back of the plane, I formulated an exit plan and came to the US to study photojournalism at Kent State University in Ohio.
3. I try to use my cameras everyday. If a few days go by and I haven’t pick up a camera, I get grumpy. That may explain why I take so many pictures of my 2 cats. They are a challenge especially with my Canon Powershot G11.
4. I enjoy long walks and beautiful sunsets. I’M ONLY KIDDING! I do the cooking at home for my wife and two high school aged kids. I don’t consider myself a fantastic cook but I keep everyone happy with what I make for dinner.
5. I love movies especially the action genre that offers a great escape from usual humdrum. I watch movies with a critical eye to study lighting.
#4. There are a lot of folks who deserve this award. Most of them I have worked alongside in some capacity in news.
Paula Wilmot Kraus Photography. I was an intern at the Medina County Gazette in Ohio when Paula was one of the 2 staffers. Awesome lady.
Doug Oster. Doug was the photo editor at the Medina County Gazette who took a chance and gave me an internship. He really gave me my start as a photographer.
Looks like I’ll have to come back and add more names to this list.