Flags are extremely strong symbols.
We all respond to it.
Stick the Stars and Stripes to just about anything and it has our attention.
So this Fourth of July as I was sitting home contemplating what I would have my students do for a Still Life, I came up with this.
What you need:
- A small flag which is free. Mysteriously someone sticks one in the ground of my yard every year.
- 4 light stands. 2 to hold the plexiglass in place with clamps. 1 to hold the little flag and 1 to mount the Speedlight in place off-camera
- 1 Speedlight & a way to trigger it off-camera
- Your camera with macro lens
- 1 tripod
- 1 Spray bottle filled with water
- 1 piece of plexiglass or glass
I’ve included 2 behind-the-scene pictures from 2 opposite angles (excuse the messy garage)
Yes I could have tidied up but it’s useful for you to see that with most things in photography, it’s all smoke and mirrors, isn’t it?
See the another angle of the setup in case the clutter is driving you nuts.
Peter Phun Photography
Promote Your Page Too